Remains Castle Parentino

Castle Parentino is abandoned in the 10th-century and destroyed by war violence with the Genoese. Therefore it was a part of Dvigrad with the opposite situated other town Moncastello. Dvigrad is mentioned for the first time in 879.

Name: Remains castle Perentino.

Place: Dvigrad – (Kanfanar).

Coordinates: 45.12460 N – 13.80887 E.

Hiking path (201) Parentino / Quarry near Dvigrad

Name: Hiking path (201) Parentino / Quarry  near Dvigrad.

Place: Dvigrad – (Kanfanar).

Coordinates: Starting point (201) near church St. Anton: 45.26031 N – 13.81327 E. End one direction to road 45.12280 N – 13.81822 E. The other to the quarry:  45.12127 N -13.81140 E.

Hiking path to Castrum Vrane – Vranja

This castle is first mentioned in 1102 as Castrum Vrane. In 137o it belonged to the Habsburgs, and in the 16th Century it was belonging to the Pazin prince. During its exist it is several times reconstructed for the defence of the Ottoman empire.The castle was important in the Uskok war (1615-1618) between the Venetian Republic and Austria.

 

Name: Castrum Vrane

Place: Vranja – Baričivići – (Lupoglav).

Coordinates:

Starting point: 45.317 N -14.15744 E  (Baričevići), crossing with stream Crnjak: 45.31661  N – 14.15854 E; crossing stream: 45.31493 N – 14.15854 E; Ruins castrum Vrane: 45.31393 N – 14.15846 E, Viewpoint 45.31369 N – 14.1579 E.

Rašpor castle

North of the village of Raspor are the ruins of the Raspor castle on the mountain Gradina (823 m).

This strategic place was already inhabited in prehistoric times and during the Roman period when a fortress came. After the fall of the Roman Empire around 1000 a castle was built here and eventually became it a Venetian seat managed by Raspor captains, who controlled the entire hinterland. In the early 16th century the castle was destroyed and the administration of the hinterland continued  from Buzet until the fall of Venice.

 

 

Name: Raspor castle

Place: Rašpor – (Lanišće)

Coordinates: Starting point 14.08068 N – 45.466008 E ; splitting 14.0893 N – 45.44945 E, Top Gradina: 14.08132 N – 45.44358 E

Possert castle – Church St. Martin

The name of the castle was in the 11th century St. Martin, and in the 16th century Sabec. The castle is devastated during the Uskok war (1615- 1617).

From the top of the tower you see the the castle of Belay, built after the destroy of the Pessort castle.

The church of the St. Martin is built in 1367.

 

Name: Possert, Sabeč and St. Martin

Place: Paz – (Cerovlje)

Coordinates: 45.27431 N – 14.10347 E

Kršan castle

The medieval castle Kršan was the first time mentioned in 1274.

In the 15th century it belonged to the noble family of Kerstlein de Pisino. The last owner was the nobleman Giovanni Tonetti from Plomin, known as “The red count”.

In the Mausoleum on the cemetery of Plomin are the tombs of the family Tonetti.

 

Place : Kršan