Roman quarries on the hill Monte del Vescovo – (Biškupovi Vrhi).

Characteristic of these quarries was that the stones with a length of up to 2 meters, a width of 1 meter and a thickness of 80 cm were extracted here with a hammer with two spikers. The groove between the stones was 20 to 30 cm. The blocks of stone were presumably used for the manufacture of sarcophagi.

 

Name: Roman quarries on the hill Monte del Vescovo – (Biškupovi Vrhi).

Place: Near Flengi – (Vrsar).

Coordinates: Entrances hill: 45.15270 N- 13.64983 E, 45.15017 N – 13.64948 E.

Village Salež – Pillar of shame.

Near the cemetery is a pillar of shame made by an unknown sculptor in 1769, with a text about justice in Italian. Convicts were put on display here, chained to this statue.

 

 

Name:  Village Salež – Pillar of shame.

Place: Salež – (Buzet).

Coordinates: 45.43006 N – 13.91699 E.