Geomorphological Nature park near Kriznjak II.

On the slopes above the village Korenići are also find prehistoric tumuli and remnants of crusted remains of neolithic (last stage of Stone Age) and eneolithic (time between Neolithic and Broze Age) origin.


Name: Geomorphological Nature park II.

Place: Korenići – Cervari _ (Kanfanar).

Coordinates: 45.13599 N – 1379581 E

Hiking path Nature park Kontija – Kloštar.

Nature park Kontija is located between the sea and the villages of Kloštar, Gradina, Flengi and the Lim Channel. It has an area of 65 ha. In 1964, this 140 year old forest was declared a reserve in connection with the wide variety of tree species, shrubs and plants.

In this area there used to be a prehistoric settlement with several caves along the Lim Channel, including the Romualdo Cave.

Name: Hiking path Kontija Nature Park

Place: Kloštar – (Vrsar)


Starting point: Former Benedictine monastery Kloštar: 45.1422 N – 13.7033 E. Pit caves Kontija forest: 45.14058 N – 13.69501 E, 45.14616 N – 13.72021 E and 45.13839 N – 13.67723 E. Viewpoint Lim Channel: 45. 13435 N – 13.68135 E.  Entrance path descent to Lim Channel:  45.1346 N – 13.6720 E.

Tumulus Maklavun

A tumulus has two parts, the entrance hall (dromos)  and the funeral chamber (tholos). This tumulus is from the Bronze Age (15oo – 1200 BC).

Name: Tumulus Maklavun

Place: Putini – (Kanfanar)

Coordinates: 45.1085 N – 13.7523 E

Cingarela cave /waterfall – “Gypsy”

In 1953 remains were found from prehistoric times, and it became clear that the cave was inhabited in the Neolithic, Eneolithic  and Bronze Age (11.000 BC -600 BC).



Name: Cingarela waterfalls and caves

Place:  Momjan – (Buje)

Coordinates entrance path left side of river Ardila: 45.43585 N – 13.67597 E , Caves and Waterfall. 45.43566 N – 13.68462 E.

Prehistoric settlement Vintijan

On the hill Gradina Vintijan are the ruins of a hill-fort with a former diameter of about 100 meters. This settlement is from the Histri-period (Iron-Age). The pictures with a view on the Veruda-bay and Pula are from the top of this hill.


Name: Prehistoric settlement

Place: Gradina Vintijan – (Medulin)

Coordinates: 44.84668 N – 13.85479 E