Paravia Untertritt – Barbariga.

This building was intended to house the approximately 500 infantry soldiers. Is completely underground and flanked on three sides with a moat with a sloping outer bank. The building’s entrenched fronts and flanks are protected by a bomb-proof tunnel carved in the rock. The flanks further with an earthwork rampart.

 

Name: Paravia Untertritt – Barbariga.

Place: Barbariga – Bale.

Coordinates: 45.00351N – 13.73658E.

Paravia-Oost – Barbariga.

Situated on the Paravia hill at an altitude of 5 meters above sea level and built in 1905 and 1906, it has a rock cut defense moat. It has a two floor building with casemates for the garrison, storehouses and shelters, and was armed with four M99 F caliber howitžers.
This fortress was part of the Barbariga group with more defenses and was part of the Austro-Hungarian fortress Pula, and especially intended for attacks over land.

Name: Paravia-Oost – Barbariga.

Place: Barbariga – (Bale).

Coordinates: 45.00434 N -13.74145 E.

Fort Paravia-West – Barbariga.

This fort was built in 1905 and 1906 on the Paravia hill at an elevation of 55 meters above sea level. For protection it had a rock cut defense moat and defense ramparts made of earth and stone. This fort is a two-floor building for the garrison, storehouses and the shelters on the sides, and armed with four M99 F10 caliber howitzers.
This fortress was part of the Barbariga group with more defenses and was part of the Austro-Hungarian fortress Pula, and especially intended for attacks over land.

 

Name: Fort Paravia-West – Barbariga.

Place: Barbariga – Bale).

Coordinates: 45.00791 N – 13.73469 E.

Battery Caluzzi – Barbariga.

Battery Caluzzi was a coastal defense mortar and was located 37 meters above sea level. Built in 1902 and 1903, it is armed with four 21 cm caliber coastal defense mortars in a line and two 7 cm caliber coastal guns.
The battery consists of an underground cellar, a ground floor for the garrison housing and two levels with ramparts. The battery was protected by a strong wall and wired barriers.
Battery Caluzzi was part of the Barbariga group with more defenses and part of the Austro-Hungarian fortress Pula.

Name: Battery Caluzzi – Barbariga.

Place: Barbariga – (Bale).

Coordinates: 44.999 N – 13.73104 E.

San Benedetto battery – Barbariga.

Bernedetto battery is a coastal battery and was part of the Barbariga Defensive Group, which was specifically responsible for controlling access to the Fažana channel. The defensive group Barbariga was one of the defensive areas around the city of Pula of the Austro-Hungarian stronghold Pula and covered an area of 150 ha.

The San Bernedetto battery had four 15-cm calibre cannons for coastal defense and two 7- cm calibre cannons. It was built between 1898 and 1903 and has two levels. The bottom one for garrison facilities and storehouses. The upper floor consists of terraces with defensive ramparts, observation domes and casemates.

 

Name: San Benedetto battery – Barbariga.

Place: Barbariga – (Bale).

Coordinates: 44.99443 N – 13.73419 E.

Fort Forno – Barbariga.

Fort Forno is located on a rock 25 meters above sea level, built between 1902 and 1914 and surrounded by a deep defensive moat. Due to the favorable location and the equipment with 32.5 cm coastal cannons on the left and 25 cm cannons on the right, it was possible to carry out a crossfire on ships in the Fažana channel together with the fortress on the island of Mali Brujini.
The fort also had an engine room with petrol generators with batteries, which exploded for unknown reasons.

Fort Forno was part of the Barbariga Defense Group with more defenses and part of the Austro-Hungarian Stronghold of Pula.

Name: Fort Forno – Barbariga.

Place: Barbariga – (Bale).

Coordinates: 44.99941 N -13.72526 E.

Fort Ovine

Fort Ovine is a fortified tower that was part of the defense system of the Austrian navy in Pula. From the roof a nice view of Stoja and Veruda (Pula).

Name: Fort Ovine.

Place: Pula.

Coordinates: 44.86091 N – 13.80832 E.