Paz is located in the centre of Istria. During the 12th century Paz was owned by Marquis of Istra Ulrich II and donated with other Istrian properties to the Aquileia Patriarchs. In 1299 became Frederico Eberstein (Frederico of Pas) the feud. So the name was Pas in that time.
The parish church of the blessed Virgin Mary, built in 1496, has a tombstone of Waltesar Walterstein. Outside is the cemetary church of St. Vid (146=) with fresco’s.
Place: Paz -(Cerovlje)