Grimalda is situated on a 447 meters high hilltop and called “Belvedere of Istria”.
In Grimalda are a few houses (former schools), and two churches. Both dedicated to St. George. One is built in 1891 and the other is the cemetery church from the 13th century.
During the Roman period Grimalda was a military settlement, and in the beginning of the 14th century donated to the Aquileia Patriarchs. In 1420 became Grimalda part of the Venetian Republic till 1797.
Place: Grimalda – (Cerovlje)