This fort was built in 1905 and 1906 on the Paravia hill at an elevation of 55 meters above sea level. For protection it had a rock cut defense moat and defense ramparts made of earth and stone. This fort is a two-floor building for the garrison, storehouses and the shelters on the sides, and armed with four M99 F10 caliber howitzers.
This fortress was part of the Barbariga group with more defenses and was part of the Austro-Hungarian fortress Pula, and especially intended for attacks over land.
Name: Fort Paravia-West – Barbariga.
Place: Barbariga – Bale).
Coordinates: 45.00791 N – 13.73469 E.