This castle is located in the valley of the river Rasa to defend the border of the County of Pazin. Built in 1300 by Frederica Eberstein and in the 15th century became the family Walderstein the ownership. It is rebuilt in 1570 by Messaldo Barbo and in 1695 sold to Prince Auersperg. During the 18th century the castle of Paz lost its strategic importance.
Name: Walderstein’s castle