Battery Caluzzi was a coastal defense mortar and was located 37 meters above sea level. Built in 1902 and 1903, it is armed with four 21 cm caliber coastal defense mortars in a line and two 7 cm caliber coastal guns.
The battery consists of an underground cellar, a ground floor for the garrison housing and two levels with ramparts. The battery was protected by a strong wall and wired barriers.
Battery Caluzzi was part of the Barbariga group with more defenses and part of the Austro-Hungarian fortress Pula.
Name: Battery Caluzzi – Barbariga.
Place: Barbariga – (Bale).
Coordinates: 44.999 N – 13.73104 E.