The Island Sveti Nikola near Poreč was a prehistoric settlement. In the 9th century there were probably Greek colonists.
In 1114 the Benedictines of the Venetian monastery of St. Nikola from Lide became the island of the Bishop of Poreč and gave it the name Sveti Nikola.
The lighthouse (15 meters) is built in the western part of the island in 1403.
After the fall of the Venetian Republic in 1798 the Polesini family sold the island and in 1887 Benedetto Polesini built a summerhouse, and dedicated it to his wife Isabel.
Name: Sveti Nikola