Former railway from Rovinj to Kanfanar

This railway – 21 km long – is constructed during the Austria- Hungarian period in Istria and started in 1873. The first train arrived in Rovinj in 1876. Through loss of economic importance the railway stopped in 1966.

Name: Former railway Rovinj – Kanfanar.

Place: Near Maružini – (Kanfanar).

Coordinates: 45.10367N – 13.83317 E.

Remains Castle Parentino

Castle Parentino is abandoned in the 10th-century and destroyed by war violence with the Genoese. Therefore it was a part of Dvigrad with the opposite situated other town Moncastello. Dvigrad is mentioned for the first time in 879.

Name: Remains castle Perentino.

Place: Dvigrad – (Kanfanar).

Coordinates: 45.12460 N – 13.80887 E.

Hiking path (201) Parentino / Quarry near Dvigrad

Name: Hiking path (201) Parentino / Quarry  near Dvigrad.

Place: Dvigrad – (Kanfanar).

Coordinates: Starting point (201) near church St. Anton: 45.26031 N – 13.81327 E. End one direction to road 45.12280 N – 13.81822 E. The other to the quarry:  45.12127 N -13.81140 E.